CHILDREN’S BOOK WORKSHOP:
LEARN HOW TO WRITE, ILLUSTRATE, AND PUBLISH A CHILDREN’S BOOK!
An educational and fun Workshop with Children’s Book Author/ Illustrator
Charles Ferguson Barker
Children’s Book Author and Illustrator Charles Barker will present
a three-day Workshop on how to write, illustrate, and publish a Children’s
Book. In this Workshop you will learn:
• How to develop your story/concept and Illustrations
• Information / On-site sketch sessions on Children’s Book illustration
• Visit Island locations for inspiration, writing and art sessions
• How to determine which publishers might be interested in your work
• How to approach publishers (with session by WSU Press Director)
• How to write a book proposal
• Electronic books / publishing
What to expect in the entire process from idea to finished book
Where: The Murray Hotel on Beautiful Mackinac Island,
When: Sunday (starting at 5:00 pm evening icebreaker)
June 24, 2012 through Wednesday June 27.
Cost is $150 per person for Workshop– Limit 15 people – Sign up early!
To sign up for the class, please contact Charles by email at email@example.com
or call (313) 506-5643
For Hotel Room Reservations at the Murray Hotel call:
As part of the art workshop, you will receive a 10% discount on room
All rooms are subject to a 6% Michigan Sales, 2% Island Assessment &
8% Hotel Tax.
Please mention that you are part of the Charles Ferguson Barker Art
Workshop when making reservations
(Workshop block of rooms held for limited time so register early!)